Springtime is so much more than just a breath of fresh air. Perhaps, it’s the most gracious time of year and, even more than January allows, this season is a chance for renewal, rebirth and revival for both you and your family.
As winter continues to recede, think of how great this time is to introduce to your children the concept of renewal. Everything around us is coming to life again! How are you discussing and celebrating this seasonal change in your home? Or, in the very least, within you?
Take advantage, and reap the reward that nature gives us this time of year. Allow your child the opportunity as well to explore spring, bask in it, and help them understand how meaningful this season can be for all of us.
Whether as a new family tradition or just for the joy of being outside, consider these spring activities. There’s so much to explore!
20 Ideas to Celebrate Spring Renewal
- Take a nature hike, watching for sprouting buds and green grass.
- Fly a kite.
- Pick up the litter in your neighborhood that inevitably appears as the snow melts.
- Feed ducks at a local park, or visit a farm to meet the baby animals.
- Go bird watching, or make a bird feeder for your backyard.
- Wash your car outside.
- Make homemade bread to give to the neighbors.
- Go out for ice cream, or make your own ice cream at home.
- Build a treehouse or a tire swing for the backyard.
- Go on a picnic, and read outside or blow bubbles.
- Climb a tree with your child, and explore the world from above.
- Donate old winter clothes.
- Plant flowers, and teach your children about how plants grow.
- Visit a new outdoor park or playground in your area.
- Go puddle jumping!
- Pack S’mores, and go stargazing at night.
- Visit the zoo.
- Hit the bike trails.
- Create an outdoor scavenger hunt for your family.
- Start a spring journal with your child, recording the changes they see around them.
Recommended for you: