To do: Make a tie blanket (no-sewing necessary) to donate.
Time: 30 minutes
Materials: Fleece, Scissors, Ruler
Get ready to donate blankets to a homeless shelter by starting an easy project now: No-sew Tie Blankets!
- 2 pieces of fleece, complementing colors or patterns, about 1.5 to 3 yards depending on how large you’d like it.
- Sharp fabric scissors or rotary cutter
- Spread out your first piece of fleece, then lay the second piece on top. Both pieces should have the more vibrant color or softer side face out.
- Trim the edges using a ruler.
- Cut a 4×4 inch square out of each corner to make more space for the knots (not mandatory).
- Using a ruler and scissors, cut “fringe” along each edge, about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long. Make sure to cut through both pieces of fabric.
- Now, with the help of your child, tie each pair of fringes into knots at the base of the fringe. Tie double knots to avoid the blanket coming apart in the wash. Pull tightly.
- Tie the fringes all around the blanket, and you’re done!
Store these blankets to donate in the winter time, or ask your local homeless shelter or other community organization if you can donate now in preparation for the cold season.
Recommended for you: