To do: Try a new recipe that’s filling and nutritious – bulgar pilaf!
Time: 40 minutes
Materials: See ingredient list below
Chef Sanaa is a master of bringing her native Levantine dishes to a wider audience. This simple combination of grains, beans and vegetables is sure to satisfy!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, diced, or one 16-ounce can diced tomato with no salt added
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 16-ounce cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups coarse bulgur #3
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy pot, heat the olive oil and saute the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the fresh or diced tomatoes with the juice. Cook over medium heat for additional 5 minutes.
- Add 2 water, tomato paste and the seasoning, bring to a boil.
- Stir in the bulgur and the beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the pilaf to rest, covered, for 15 minutes. Serve with mixed green salad.
See the original recipe published here.
About the Author
Sanaa Abourezk is a Gourmet Chef, Restauranteur, Author, Nutritionist, and Blogger. She’s passionate about the art of cooking and enjoys sharing delicious recipes.
Sanaa owns and operates a popular Middle Eastern Restaurant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a Masters degree in Nutrition.
Recommended for you: