To do: Try this vegan pasta loaf for an exciting new twist on spaghetti
Time: 45 minutes
Materials: Bundt cake pan, see ingredient list below
Chef Sanaa has vegan and vegetarian dishes that belong in the center of the table as the main course. This one included! Try this spin on a traditional plate of pasta by baking angel hair noodles in a bundt cake pan.
- 12 ounces lite tofu
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Puree tofu, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon zest, ginger, salt and pepper in a food processor. Puree until you have a smooth paste. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and return to a boil until pasta is al-dente.
- Drain pasta and add to the bowl with the sauce. Mix well until the pasta is well-coated.
- Spray a bundt cake pan with olive oil spray and sprinkle bread crumbs to cover the inside of the pan.
- Spoon the pasta into the cake pan and press firmly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place a large flat plate over the pan and carefully turn the pan over to invert the pasta bake onto the plate. Cut into slices and serve!
Recipe originally published here.
About the Author
Sanaa Abourezk is a Gourmet Chef, Restauranteur, Author, Nutritionist, and Blogger. She’s passionate about the art of cooking and enjoys sharing delicious recipes.
Sanaa owns and operates a popular Middle Eastern Restaurant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a Masters degree in Nutrition.
Recommended for you: