To do: Let your child grate and mix zucchini batter, then make zucchini fritters!
Time: 30 minutes
Materials: See ingredient list below
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- Combine the zucchini with the parsley, the onion and the flour.
- Beat the eggs and add to the zucchini mixture. Season with the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Line large dish with a couple of paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow frying pan. When the oil is ready –to test, just drop a small drop of the mixture into the oil, if it sizzles upon contact, it is ready– drop 1 tablespoon of the zucchini batter into the pan. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Fry over medium heat until golden, turning only once. You can drop 4-5 individual tablespoons of the batter, as many as you can fit in the frying pan without over crowding, at the same time.
- Place the golden fritter on the paper towel to drain the oil.
- Repeat until you’ve finished all the batter.
Serve these fritters with tomato scallion salad and good bread and you are set.
See the original recipe published here!
About the Author
Sanaa Abourezk is a Gourmet Chef, Restauranteur, Author, Nutritionist, and Blogger. She’s passionate about the art of cooking and enjoys sharing delicious recipes.
Sanaa owns and operates a popular Middle Eastern Restaurant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a Masters degree in Nutrition.
Recommended for you: