To do: Make a simple fresh pasta sauce with the kids!
Time: 30 minutes
Materials: Ingredient list below
Chef Sanaa is here with a super simple fresh pasta sauce to make with your kids. If you have a surplus of fresh tomatoes, this recipe can be a great way to use them up!
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch thick cubes
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound short pasta like small shells or penne
- Optional: Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta when boiling, stir and bring back to a boil. Cook for 7 minutes or until al-dente. Drain.
- 1 minute before the pasta is finished, heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add tomatoes and scallions to the pan, cooking for 1 minute. Add the drained pasta to the vegetables.
- Finally, add the salt, pepper, garlic and basil to the pan. Stir and serve! Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy as a family!
Recipe originally published here.
About the Author
Sanaa Abourezk is a Gourmet Chef, Restauranteur, Author, Nutritionist, and Blogger. She’s passionate about the art of cooking and enjoys sharing delicious recipes.
Sanaa owns and operates a popular Middle Eastern Restaurant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a Masters degree in Nutrition.
Recommended for you: