As summer gets in to full swing, you might be embarking on a cherished family tradition: The Summer Road Trip.
To make your next family trip easier, we solicited advice from the Guidepost Parent Community: “What are your must-have items for road trips with children?” Here are some answers to try on your next cross-country (or cross-county) car ride!
- Audio Books: “We listened to one of the kids audio books on a 6hr trip last week, it was brilliant!”
- Pipe cleaners
- Snacks: “Lots of snacks!”
- Cleaning Materials: “Paper towels and a smell-good spray in case of ‘accidents'”
- Water Bottles
- Activities: “We have a behind the seat organizer full of activities like crayons, paper, stickers, car games, etc.”
- Reading Material: “A crate full of books from the library!”
- Flash Cards
- And finally, more snacks: “Huge amount of snacks!”
Being prepared for a long car ride will help the time go by quickly. Who knows, maybe your children will come to enjoy their special car activities!
If you’re taking a road trip this summer, we hope you enjoy time spent together as a family with the help of the suggestions above. Safe travels!
What do you pack when you hit the road with your family? Join the discussion @guidepostparent!
Recommended for you: